Aishwarya Rai Pictures
Anushka Shetty Online
Random Babes Online
Katrina Kaif Online

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Gossip My name is Khan’ and I am Proud of it: Shah Rukh

Shah Rukh KhanBollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, whose controversial trip to the US has been making headlines for quite sometime, returned home on Tuesday to a warm welcome from cheering fans.

Related Stories
Govt must take up Shah Rukh detention with US, says Lalu I`m law abiding, but US airport experience embarrassing: SRK Shah Rukh says he will cut back on US visits SRK`s interrogation in US was a waste of time: Farah Khan
Talking to the media about his detention and questioning at a US airport, the actor said, “I was asked bizarre questions. The US authorities asked me whether someone in the US could vouch for me. I have no bitterness and demand no apology but a streamlined procedure should have been followed as I didn’t go through retina or fingerprints scan but was asked irrelevant questions.”

Reacting to allegations that the whole episode was a publicity stunt to promote his upcoming film ‘My Name is Khan’, the actor said, “It’s disgusting if people think that it’s all a publicity stunt. My film will come after eight to nine months, publicity starts just three months before the release of a film. Moreover, this is not a matter of pride for me to publicise it. I do not want to sound pompous but Shah Rukh Khan does not need publicity.”

The actor further said, “I think it is a procedure that needs to be followed, but it was unfortunate. I don’t want to be treated in a special way but I maintain that the experience was a little uncomfortable. They are more cautious about certain races and religions. That’s the issue.”

“What happened with APJ Abdul Kalam was atrocious. He is the highest orders of the country, that was really an issue,” he added.

Reacting to fellow actor Salman Khan’s comments that such routine security check-up was okay, the actor said, “It is his experience and his point of view but it was not comfortable for me. I will go to the US again but I would limit my visits and I would not like to travel there with my family.”

On a lighter vein, Shah Rukh said, “If we go for tit for tat and follow the US security system then I would like to frisk Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox when they come to India.”

Shah Rukh, who had gone to the US for the South Asian Independence Day Carnival in Houston and Chicago, was detained at the Newark airport for questioning. The actor said that he was thoroughly questioned by officials, then some more came and asked questions about his films, film company etc. They searched his handbag and said that his name is common and is popping on computer. Although his promoter in US was explaining about him, they did not listen. When he requested to use the phone, they said it’s not allowed but gave him permission. The actor then called the Indian consulate and they promised to help him out.

The incident caused a furore in India, with the government stating that the issue will be taken up with the US. The actor will next be seen in the much hyped film `My Name is Khan`, which ironically revolves around a Muslim man and his experiences in a post 9/11 America.

Tags: Bollywood, Bollywood Gossip, Bolywood Celebrity Gossip, Celebrity Gossip, Gossip, Latest Gossip, Gossip News, New Gossip, Hot Gossip, Sexy Gossip, Entertainment News, News, Showbiz News, Gossip Girls, Celebrities Exposed, Celebrity News, Celeb Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment