Aishwarya Rai Pictures
Anushka Shetty Online
Random Babes Online
Katrina Kaif Online

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Britney Causes A 'Circus' Circus

It was a surprisingly sunny 6 p.m. I finished up work yesterday with plans to attend a movie screening only two blocks away. I popped in my earbuds, clicked over to the new Green Day album and began walking from my office to the screening room. But as soon as I turned onto 48th Street, I noticed a huge crowd blocking off most of Seventh Avenue.

"Oooh, car accident," I thought, because that's where my morbid mind immediately moseys to. But there was nary a busted taillight in sight. What I could see were hundreds, nay thousands, or screaming fans foisting cameras above their heads in hopes of taking a picture of someone ... somewhere.

britney-spears-nyc-msg.jpg
Then I saw it. Or more accurately, her. Yes, Britney Spears was perched across the block from me, separated by but rows and rows of people, atop a blue bus. Then I remembered that she was holding a "If You Seek" Britney Twitter contest yesterday, leaving clues as to her location all over NYC. If you found her, you got front row tickets to her show last night.

Great idea ... in theory. As the cops held people behind barriers and yelled at pedestrians to "keep it moving" traffic came to a standstill during the busiest time of day -- in the heart of Manhattan.

But no one seemed to care -- especially the "Oops...I Did It Again" t-shirt clad tweenybopper who punched me in the gut as she made her way toward the front of the mob. "Watch it," she shouted at me, continuing my fascination with people who run into stationary objects, chastising him/her/it for being in the way.

Such is the power of Britney!

Source: NY Post

No comments:

Post a Comment